Heya! If you've clicked on this page your perhaps a little curious about how Woods & White started and maybe you want to get to know a bit more about the business and I.
Here's My Story
- I'm Bethany Grace the founder of Woods & White. I am an Australian, Gold Coast based skin care maker with a passion for all things organic beauty. All products that I create and use in my business are animal cruelty free, ie: vegan and organic where possible, I stay clear from all chemicals, SLS, parabens, artificial colours etc, basically my products have zero nasties and I strive to use environmentally conscious packing and materials. These things to incorporate into my business alone are so difficult in the pretentious world of skincare and I'm super proud of that!
- I started making skincare in 2009 on my parents farm in McKees Hill near Lismore when I was just 12 years of age. I launched 'Bethany Grace Skincare' along with a website I built the following year and started selling my products at markets and skincare parties. As I was so young I was very open to advice from everyone and also made a few appearances in my favourite teenage magazines like TOTALGIRL and GIRLFRIEND.
- Over the years I spent many years self studying aromatherapy and the cosmetic industry, I studied a degree in business, did a certificate in fitness and worked a job alongside my study and hobbies to the position of being a retail store manager.
- My business and my job also helped me have an amazing experience where I won a few awards with the apprentice of the year training awards put on by the Australian Government. With this process I became an apprenticeships ambassador. I was so blessed to have heaps of speaking opportunities and I also got to travel Australia telling my story of my business and upbringing to university students, school students, other trainees and apprentices, company ceo's at conferences, parliament house and even skills forums on the ABC. I won a few other awards as well as Australian Young Achiever of the Year and Entrepreneur of the Year at Southern Cross University Australia.
- Whilst a blessing and an adventure, at times it did feel quite intimidating, overwhelming and confusing discussing my story to so many people. What I felt I had actually achieved in life seemed in reality so far below my set of goals. It felt totally premature. These events and accolades felt more like a high pressure balloon of expectations and ideals about to burst in my face.
- Throughout all these life experiences over the 10 years I tried different brand images and styles of products. I guess I tryed to find my identity in the world of teenage-hood through my products. I was trying to please everyone around me and continuously found confusion in feedback and advice given to me by others, obviously most everyone had a good heart and was trying to help, but trust me - it didn't help. I even made an appearance on Shark Tank which was a little cringe to say the least, but nevertheless an experience that I soaked up. I was looking for a mentor and that's just what I came out with.
- All of these experiences combined were priceless in who I am today it did, leave me feeling confused and somewhat depressed. Pre inhibitions and opinions of what I would become could not single handedly change my destiny. Only I could. I needed to take a step back, have fun with my business, have fun with my life, be authentically me and do something that most importantly, I, loved.
Custom Made Skincare Dream
Woods & White
Here's just a few quick facts about me:
I grew up in a place called Coober Pedy where I lived underground and was homeschooled.
I love playing footy, playing music and baking yummy foods.
I am 3 years married and have 10 siblings.
.. Enough about me and my life essay- now I'd love to know more about you! Meet me at one of my pop ups around the GC or book a treatment in my private beauty room.